In the three months to September, about 34 apps have been banned from the Google Play Store for being infected with malware.
The notorious malware, Joker has been infecting apps and stealing your private data including your SMS messages, contact lists, and device information.
The malware, categorized as fleeceware simulates clicks and intercept SMS’ to subscribe to unwanted paid premium services without the users’ knowledge.
Joker first infected 11 apps on the Play Store in July, followed by 6 more apps in the first half of September, and now a California-based IT security company called Zscaler has revealed 17 more.
The apps have since been removed from the Play Store, but users who have them downloaded any of these should manually delete them.
Here’s the list of 34 apps –
1. All Good PDF Scanner
2. Mint Leaf Message-Your Private Message
3. Unique Keyboard – Fancy Fonts & Free Emoticons
4. Tangram App Lock
5. Direct Messenger
6. Private SMS
7. One Sentence Translator – Multifunctional Translator
8. Style Photo Collage
9. Meticulous Scanner
10. Desire Translate
11. Talent Photo Editor – Blur focus
12. Care Message
13. Part Message
14. Paper Doc Scanner
15. Blue Scanner
16. Hummingbird PDF Converter – Photo to PDF
17. All Good PDF Scanner
22. Push Message- Texting & SMS
23. Fingertip GameBox
25. com.cheery.message.sendsms (two different instances)
27. Safety AppLock
28. Emoji Wallpaper
32. Convenient Scanner 2
33. Separate Doc Scanner